Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Fashion Inspiration: Arm Candy - Stacks of Bracelets

Image via 20 Something Chic
Lately, in my endless search for fashion and style inspiration, I've been seeing a ton of images of women stacking bracelets upon bracelets all the way up their arms. Truthfully I first started seeing it a few months ago, but recently, its seemed to take over.

Otherwise known as 'arm candy', piling on the bracelets seems to be all the rage right now - and its a trend I can definitely get on board with. I love the way it looks - glamorous and a little bit over-the-top, its a fun way to accessorize and go all out once in awhile - especially if you're wearing a simple or understated outfit.

Sources Top to Bottom: Pretty Stuff, Surlaliste, Cause We Are Young, The Glitter Guide
 I think the key to pulling this look off is not to be shy with your picks or over-think matching your bracelets. Mix and match silver and gold, textures and colors, thick bangles and skinny ones. Adding a watch is always a nice touch, but most importantly, just have fun with it.

Sources Top to Bottom: Gem Gossip, Surlaliste, Atlantic-Pacific
Building a collection of bracelets large enough to create this look is what can take time - and money - at least in my case. But I am determined to start collecting pieces, and I think my first stop will be vintage and second-hand shops for some cute but cheap options. However, any of these would do nicely as well...

Stacked Gold Bangles - Natasha Couture, Oversized Gold Link Bracelet - Yves Saint Laurent, Woven Missoni Bracelet, Studded Black Bangle - Marc by Marc Jacobs, Wrap Around Bracelet - Chan Luu, Gold Cuff - Yves Saint Laurent
How amazing is that colorful woven Missoni bracelet above? I can just picture it with a chunky gold watch and plenty of skinny gold bangles.

Colorful Woven Bracelet - Carolina Bucci, Green and Gold Bangles - Alex and Ani, Tortoiseshell Bracelet - Michael Kors, Coral Bangles - Isharya, Woven Gold Wrap Bracelet - Carolina Bucci
Do you love this trend as much as I do? Ready to stack 'em high??

xoxo

1 comment: