Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Currently Coveting: Creative Jewelry

Image via The Glitter Guide
If there is a glitch in my shopping patterns, it would have to be buying jewelry. Since I tend to wear the same simple, classic pieces almost every day, and since I typically tend to like each piece of jewelry I have to mean something, I don't buy very much of it - costume or otherwise. 

Lately, I've been feeling a little differently though - realizing how much jewelry can change up an outfit or give it just that little added something it needs to be just right. I've been seeing a lot of fun, creative pieces lately that I would love to add to my burgeoning collection.

The first thing I have been drawn to recently are big cocktail rings. I get this affinity for bold, statement-making rings from my grandmother - she had a whole collection that I occasionally like to "borrow" from my mother's jewelery box. 

The cocktail rings I have been looking at recently, from Old Gold Boutique, are a little different - but that's what makes them a fun addition to your wardrobe. I DIE for the turquoise circus ring - it just makes me smile.

Rings from Old Gold Boutique


I also recently discovered designer India Hicks' creative pieces and fell in love with her "Initial" collection - I feel like you actually have to look at them for awhile before you realize what it is. Plus, the way she combines the letters make eye-catching geometrical patterns.

Jewelry by India Hicks

The final jewelry collection I have been drooling over also has some gorgeous initial pieces. I have been drooling over Lulu Frost's Plaza Collection for some time now, but I still need to make one of her pieces my very own. The "B" necklace is my personal favorite - but a necklace or a ring with my lucky number on it from her Code Collection might be a nice touch too.

Guess I am still picking pieces of jewelry that have some kind of meaning to them...old habits die hard!

Jewelry from Lulu Frost

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment