Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Summer Essentials

Summer is here...well, in most places it's arrived already- in Seattle, its still on its way. As bitter as it makes me to wake up and see rain or gray skies in June, at least it gives me more time to prepare for summer and shop for all those summer essentials that one just must have for the warmer months. I've rounded up some of my summer favorites below, check them out!

Essie Summer Nail Colors, Emilio Pucci Beach Towel, K.Jacques St Tropez Sandals, Smith's Rose Lip Balm, Nars 'Cap Ferrat' Eyeshadow Trio, Beach Star Cover Up, Frederic Fekkai Marine Summer Hair
Summer calls for perfectly pedicured toes, and to that end, I am in love with the summer color palette from Essie - I just bought the Jamaican Me Crazy shade at Target! Also needed for summer -  a stylish beach towel for laying by the pool or the ocean - the graphic prints from Pucci are eye-catching and fun. As pink is my favorite color, I will also need some hot pink sandals - and don't forget the lip balm to keep lips from getting chapped in the sun. Summer is also a great time to try brighter and bolder colors on your eyes - this palette from Nars would look great against summer skin and kick a date on a warm summer night, up a notch. Finally, since I tend to air dry my slightly frizzy hair more in the summer, I am going to need something to keep it smooth - can't wait to try the Smooth Sailing option from Federic Fekkai!


Jonathan Adler Totes, Gucci Aviator Sunglasses, Cara Accessories bangles, Rag and Bone Fedora, K Jacques St Tropez Sandals, Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray, Rebecca Minkoff Pouch, Melissa Odabash and Bronzette Swimsuits
These cute totes from Jonathan Adler are brand new and are a colorful and playful way to tote your fashion magazines to and from the beach or pool. I am partial to the Acapulco design! I don't normally wear jewelry to the beach, but I would definitely stack up these colored stone bangles come evening time with a little white dress. If you can't get to the ocean, you can at least fake 'day at the ocean' hair with the texturizing Surf Spray from Bumble and Bumble. The Rebecca Minkoff pouch is the perfect size to fill with lip balm, sunscreen, and a few other makeup essentials, and toss in your tote for the day. Finally, these two swimsuits are my favorite of the season - I am big into the bandeau tops at the moment - no tan lines on top. Don't you love that purple color?


Anya Hindmarch Tote, Tocca Sunscreen Wipes, Bobbi Brown Beach Oil, Clarins 'After Sun' Lotion, Marc by Marc Jacobs iPad Case
 Couldn't you just see taking this Anya Hindmarch tote aboard a sailboat for an afternoon of fun in the sun? I can! Let's not forget the most essential summer item of all - sunscreen. I hate the mess of applying sunscreen, but I am going to give these SPF 30 towelettes from Tocca a try this summer. Luckily, I love the scent of suntan lotion - it reminds of being a kid, of summers at the lake with my family and so many happy memories - I would slather this body oil on in the evenings just to smell like suntan lotion still - after a day in the sun! I am also a huge fan of the After Sun lotion from Clarins - extra moisture and conditioning to make your tan last as long as possible. Last but not least, a pretty purple case for my (imaginary) iPad that I dream of taking to the beach with me...someday!

What are your summer must-haves?
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment