Monday, April 25, 2011

Wills and Kate Tie the Knot!

So,  I don't have the crazy Royal Wedding fever that seems to be going around the media this week, but I am a little interested, I'm not going to lie. Mostly, I think I want to see Kate's dress, but there's a little more to it than that.

When I was in middle school, my best friend and I were craaaaazy in love with Prince William. We fought over who would get to marry him and signed our notes and letters to each other as "Her Royal Highness Princess Ashley of Wales". Pictures of William, cut out of magazines, covered my walls and I was always daydreaming of how he would one day sweep me off my feet and give everything to marry a commoner like myself.

Once his boyish charm and good looks wore off, though, I have to admit, I forgot all about the boy who would be King someday. And truthfully, if I had to pick a prince these days, it would probably be Harry. But, in honor of our childhood crushes, my BFF and I have decided we're going to stay up all night on Thursday, watching the Royal Wedding, wearing tiaras and sipping champagne.

And just in case you're planning something along those same lines, there are plenty of Royal Wedding-inspired finds out there right now...

Top to Bottom, Left to Right: Gloves from www.donnawilson.com, Ring from www.thewarehouseco.nz, Lip Gloss from www.bathandbodyworks.com, T-shirt from www.etsy.com, Tiara from www.net-a-porter.com
How cute are these camel colored gloves - they even have Kate's ring sewn into the right finger on the gloves - and the t-shirt? High-larious! I might have to get two of those for our Royal Wedding viewing event. Not to mention - the tiara. How amazing is that tiara? I am afraid if I got it, I would never take it off, though....

Also, while dressing for your Royal Wedding event, one cannot forget to wear a fabulous hat, every British woman knows how important that is!

Kate Middleton wearing Philip Treacy
Now, there is a lot of crazy wedding memorabilia out there right now, but here are a few cute prints that made me giggle.

Left to Right: Pink print from www.livejournal.ru, Prince Harry Print from www.allposter.com, and Royal Wedding Procession Print from www.etsy.com/shop/housethatlarsbuilt
This illustrated print of the course of the wedding procession is pretty adorable, I have to say. And finally, because any good party has amazing cupcakes, here are some that would fit a Royal Wedding viewing party theme perfectly.

Left to Right: Cupcake Printables from www.thetomkatstudio.com, Cupcake Decor from www.etsy.com/shop/heyyoyo
Cheerio! 
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment