Sunday, April 17, 2011

Photo(s) of the Day

I wish I could choose just one, but there are too many amazing photographs out there that make me speechless, make my jaw hit the floor, make my mind come alive, and make me wish I had better photography skills. Here are this week's favorites...
Matteo Colombo Photography
This photo is so beautiful, it looks like a painting to me. This was taken in the Val d'Orcia in Tuscany, Italy and this right here, this is my heart and soul. I've been to this place before and I can't count the number of times I have returned to this picturesque valley in my mind. I could spend my life in this photograph.



Source Unknown
 I know at first glance, this picture appears creepy, but I think there is something so romantic and tragic about this as well. I don't know where its from or where it was taken, I imagine some place of ruin - mainly because it reminds me of what I saw in Pompeii when I visited, but they are together forever.


Source: National Geographic
This photo makes me giggle every time I see it. Its an amazing shot, yes, but it also makes me want to save the little guy and tell him, no, no, don't eat that!



Source: Corinne Vionnet
This picture blows my mind for its creativity. Its an image of hundreds of tourist photographs of the Eiffel Tower, all layered over one another. This is a piece of artwork I would die to hang on my wall! She has an entire series of famous landmarks done this way. Makes you wonder if we all see it the same...



Source: Clark Little
This shot makes me wish I was a surfer, because seeing this, I want to experience being inside of a wave. Does anyone else wonder how he got such an amazing shot? 



Source: Unknown, www.tinywhitedaisies.tumblr.com
Someday, I hope to experience seeing the moon like this. Maybe its not real, but even if its not, I want to see the moon on a night where it feels that big.



Source: Unknown, www.scrutinousmind.tumblr.com
Funny how the Eiffel Tower seems to inspire so many different angles in photography. I love the unique perspective of seeing it in the lense. Brilliant!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment