Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Golden Globe Fashion

I realize I am a little behind the eight ball on this one, considering every other blogger out there has already covered the fashion of the Golden Globes, in exquisite detail. But, I haven't shared my picks and trends yet, so here goes...

Truthfully, I was incredibly under-whelmed by the style at the Globes this year. I heard a lot of people saying it was the best they'd seen in years on the Globes red carpet, but I seriously disagree. I think I saw more fashion fails this year than ever before.

First, lets cover the color trends we saw - emerald green and nude colors were all over the place this year.

Images courtesy of Getty Images
While I am not a fan of any of these dresses, especially Scarlett's, I do love the nude shades. The sparkle and shine of Carrie Underwood's dress is particularly pleasing to the eye, but I do feel like I've seen her wear this dress before - about ten times. Can't fault a girl for loving the sequins and sparkles though!

Images courtesy of Getty Images
More nude dresses, also three of my nominees for worst looks of the night. Sandra Bullock's look could probably have been saved by eliminating the crazy bangs, but the others...I've seen better. Then again, I've also seen worse. Anyone see what Helena Bonham Carter wore? Crazy, but more props to you if you've got the guts.


Dianna Agron looked amazing in her J. Mendel gown - very "Quinn" like if you ask me. Definitely one of my favorites of the night. But, my absolute favorite of the night in the nude dress category, would have to go to her Glee co-star, Heather Morris. Love, love, love it!


Next color trend of the evening, green - emerald green.


While Mila's Kunis' Vera Wang dress was incredible and she looked fantastic, I was decidedly less impressed with the others. Angelina's Versace dress and un-done hair did nothing for me, and although beautiful, I found Catherine Zeta Jones' and Elizabeth Moss' dresses, a little...well, booooring.



Julia Stiles and Olivia Wilde both looked lovely in their dark gowns. Julia Stiles was a little dwarfed in her gown, but it was gorgeous! And Olivia Wilde's Marchesa gown? Swoooooon. My favorite black number had to be Eva Longoria's Zac Posen gown, though. Gorge!


January Jones looked smokin' hot in her Versace number. Red lips, red dress and Veronica Lake hair? Win!


Of course, special attention must be paid to the dresses in the color I adore most - pink! I died for Leah Michele's Oscar De La Renta gown - very nearly got my best dressed of the night! And I loved Claire Danes' minimalist sheath in THE color of the season...honeysuckle!


I was very torn over Anne Hathaway's Armani gown - I wanted to love it, but the shoulder pads kept getting in my way and making me think there was something sci-fi about the dress. The low, scoop back was pretty amazing though!


And finally, we come to worst dressed of the night! Jennifer Love Hewitt. This entire look made my eyes hurt. Its like a wedding gown gone wrong - and does nothing to flatter her figure. From head to toe, this is a no.


Last but not least, my pick for favorite dress and look of the evening. Emma Stone in Calvin Klein. I love the color, the cut - even her blonde hair. Truthfully, she looks better as a red head, but the hair was perfect for this color. Such a simple, sleek, chic look - plus, it reminds me of summer with the sun kissed look and bright color, so that's an added bonus. Loving the minimalist look!


And there you have my Golden Globes fashion recap. Award season is in full swing now, and I'm a sucker for the red carpet, so be warned there are probably a few more posts like this one on the way in the coming weeks. Cheers! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment